Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM). An organization can control how its devices are used, including mobile phones, tablets, and laptops, and can also configure specific policies to control applications.
Please use the following link to provide admin consent in the azure portal for the D42 discovery job:
- Active Intune license on the tenant
- Grant admin consent for these application permissions:
- Do NOT use Delegated Credentials for Intune autodiscovery jobs.
1. Create an app registration within the Azure portal on the same tenant where Intune resides.
- Name: Located in Branding & properties
- Client ID and Secret: Located in Certificates & secrets
- API Permissions:
- Microsoft Graph application permissions listed above
- Grant admin consent – Azure How to Link
2. Take the values from 1b (Client ID & Secret) and enter them into the D42 job options
- Enter the Azure application (client) ID into the discovery job Client ID field
- Enter the Azure secret value into the discovery job Client Credential field
Intune Discovery Items
Intune discovery identifies mobile devices and mobile application software managed by Intune.
Select Intune as cloud autodiscovery Type to display the job options.
- Name – name for the discovery job.
- VRF Group – select or add a VRF group.
- Remote Collector – select the RC to use for the job.
- URL – enter the URL for the job (for example: https://login.microsoftonline.com/[tenant domain or ID]).
- Client ID – enter or add the client ID secret for the job.
- Client Credential – enter or add the client credential secret for the job.
- Strip domain name – strip the domain suffix from discovered device names (yes/no).
- Object Category for discovered devices – select or add an object category for devices.
- Tags for discovered devices – enter comma-separated tags for devices.
- Customer for discovered devices – select or add custome.
- Debug level – select the debug level for the job.
- Discover Software – discovered managed software applications (yes/no).
- Initial Software Type – select the type for discovered software.
- Notes – optional notes for the job.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to define a schedule for the Intune discovery job to run.
Click Save to save the Intune discovery job.