This auto-discovery method will discover HP and IBM blade systems (including Blade Center). Cisco UCS is also supported but in a separate menu entry. If you would like to see other vendors, please contact support.
Add Blade System auto-discovery job
Navigate to Discovery > SNMP > Add SNMP Autodiscovery Job.
Blade System discovery will get the following information:
- Enclosure/Chassis – name, hardware make/model, serial #’s, MAC address(es), IP address(es), and Interface name.
- Blade – name, location within chassis, hardware make/model, and serial #’s
Adding a Blade System job:
- Port – default is 161
- SNMP version – v1, v2c, and v3 supported
- Name to use for newly discovered module, options are: “Serial #” or “Try name from SNMP, otherwise use Serial #” Use serial # to avoid duplicate names for newly discovered items.
- Options for module not found: Do Nothing, Remove Host Association, Change Service Level, Delete Module
- Debug level: Normal, Extended, or No debug.
- Strip domain name – select/deselect
Other options (not shown, optional):
- Toggle in service on module power state – select/deselect
- Give Precedence to hostname – overwrites existing if found
- Service Level – Production, QA, Dev, Test, etc.
- Customer – Specify Customer
Save the job.
Run Now or Schedule
Select Run Now from the Select SNMP Job to view list to run the job right away.
Select Add another Auto Discovery Schedule from the Add or Edit SNMP Job page to create a run schedule for the job.