This auto-discovery method will discover HP and IBM blade systems (including Blade Center). Cisco UCS is also supported but in a separate menu entry. If you would like to see other vendors, please contact support.
Add Blade System auto-discovery job
Navigate to: “Discovery” –> “SNMP” –> “Add SNMP Autodiscovery Job”
BladeSystem discovery will get the following information:
- Enclosure/Chassis – name, hardware make/model, serial #’s, MAC address(es), IP address(es), and Interface name.
- Blade – name, location within chassis, hardware make/model, and serial #’s
Adding BladeSystem job:
- IP address, or start IP. End IP Address is optional
- Port – default is 161
- SNMP version – v1, v2c, and v3 supported
- Name to use for newly discovered module, options are: “Serial #” or “Try name from SNMP, otherwise use Serial #” Use serial # to avoid duplicate names for newly discovered items.
- Options for module not found: Do Nothing, Remove Host Association, Change Service Level, Delete Module
- Debug level: Normal, Extended, or No debug.
- Strip domain name – select/deselect
Other options (not shown, optional):
- Toggle in service on module power state – select/deselect
- Give Precedence to hostname – overwrites existing if found
- Service Level – Production, QA, Dev, Test, etc.
- Customer – Specify Customer
Save the job.
Run Now or Schedule
From the Blade System job list: Tools | Auto-Discovery | Blade Systems (SNMP) you can choose to Run Now, add/edit Schedule, or click on the IP Address to view/edit job.