Follow the steps below to set up read-only users for HP Storage Array autodiscovery.
Access Protocols by Array
Minimum Permissions for Storage Array Autodiscovery
Follow the steps in the sections below to set up users or roles with minimum read-only permissions that you can use when you create storage array autodiscovery jobs.
- Log into the Nimble console.
- Select Administration → Security from the menu.
- Click on Users and Groups from the left panel.
- Click on the +USER button to open the Create User panel.
- Create a user and assign one of the available roles:
Select the minimum operator role.
- Click OK and save the user.
The StoreEasy platform relies on local users created at the server level. Currently, Admin access is required to run a successful discovery.
- Create a local user on the HPE StoreEasy host server.
- Add that user to the admin group.
- Log into HP 3PAR Management Console.
- Click on the Actions menu.
- Select the Security & Domains submenu
- Select Users and then Create User.
- Enter user name and password and click Next.
- Grant the user the “browse” role on the appropriate domain.
- Click Finish and save the user
Example CLI user creation
createuser d42discovery all browse