Device42 licensing provides a Core license for autodiscovery and offers additional license modules for additional discovery and data retrieval capabilities.
- The Core license includes discovery of physical, virtual, and cloud components, IT inventory and asset management, all out-of-the box integrations, RESTful APIs and webhooks, warranty and SSL certificate management, cable management, password management, and IP address management.
Device42 licensing is based on license units, with the units consumed at different rates by different discovered resources. For example:
- 1 Device = 1 License Unit (1 : 1)
- 10 Containers = 1 License Unit (10 : 1)
- 50 TB Storage = 1 License Unit (50 TB : 1)
- 1 Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) = 1 License Unit (1 :1)
For more information about Device42 core licensing and available licensing modules, visit our FAQs page.
To see what your current license includes, select Tools > Settings > Licensing from the main menu to display the Licensing page.
The top left of the page displays the available license modules and whether they are enabled.
The lower portion of the page displays the number of purchased licenses and the number of license units consumed by the different discovered components.
Upload a New License
After you receive you new license file from Device42, go to the License page and select Choose File and then Upload & Apply.