Quickly create an advanced report using custom SQL
Advanced Reporting in Device42, added mid-2018, empowers users to create and schedule extremely complex reports that the old reporting engine simply couldn’t handle. You can also combine all of the built-in reports and features that advanced reporting includes out-of-the-box with your own custom SQL objects to acheive an entirely new level of reporting flexibility, including leveraging SQL’s ability to pre-process / transform objects as part of your query!
- Head to menu: “Reports” → “Advanced Reporting”
- Add a new Advanced Report and give it a name.
- Don’t select any categories; instead, choose the “Add SQL” button at the bottom right, instead.
- Give your new SQL object a name, and then proceed to enter your query into the “Custom SQL Object” form. Select a unique key field from the dropdown at the bottom of the window (a unique key is required). Click OK twice:
*You’ll notice all of the categories are now greyed out. The SQL query you provided has taken care of this, so there’s no need to choose any here!
- Head to the “Layout” tab. Use the report designer to format your report data by choosing placing the fields you’d like to include into the report.
- Click finish & it’s saved.
- You’re done! You can go back and edit as you see fit. Run your report at at any time, or sort & filter further!