You can generate a Device42 AWS Migration Hub report from Device42’s predefined reports and upload the report to the AWS Migration Hub portal. Follow the steps below.
- Select Analytics > Advanced Reporting > Pre-Defined Reports > Integrations > Workload Portability.
- Select AWS Migration Hub, and then click CSV. This will generate and download a report — the amount of time required to generate the report depends on how much Device42 data you have.
- After the Device42 AWS Migration Hub report downloads, go to your AWS Console.
- Click Services, and then search for Migration Hub.
- Once you are on the Migration Hub home page, click Tools, and then select Import on the Discovery Tools page.
Note: AWS requires that the import file is on an AWS S3 bucket. You must navigate to S3 and upload the Device42 AWS Migration Hub file to an S3 bucket.
- Navigate to your AWS S3 console and upload your Device42 AWS Migration Hub file to the appropriate S3 bucket.
- After you have uploaded your Device42 file to the AWS S3 bucket, copy the file’s Object URL link.
- Go back to Migration Hub and paste the object URL in the Amazon S3 Object URL field, enter an Import name and click Import.
The AWS import process starts and displays a list of imports.
- You can click on the import file Name and see details of the imported information.
Yo can also click on a Server Info name to see details about that particular server with information about that imported item.
- You can click also Applications to view information about the applications crated in Device42 that were imported.