Setup appliance in vmware player or workstation
- Download the OVF format of Device42.
- Use 7 zip to unzip the downloaded file.
- Open or Import the virtual appliance into vmware player.
- Once the import is finished, power on the new virtual appliance.
- Login to console as device42/adm!nd42. You can change the password with option 10.
- On the console, configure the IP and choose your settings [Please use a STATIC IP for all production Device42 VMs to avoid connectivity issues].
- Optional: Create DNS entry for the new IP address for the new virtual appliance.
- Point your browser to https://FQDN(Fully Qualified Domain Name) or IP address and you are ready to go.
- The default username is admin and password is adm!nd42, please change that as soon as you login.
Here are the steps in images:
Power on the machine by clicking “Play virtual machine”:
Default login: device42
Default password: adm!nd42
Change the password using option 10, and then proceed to configure network settings via menu option 1:
Configure a static IP address for the Device42 appliance:
Note: The default password for user device42 MUST be changed using console menu using option 10 to secure your appliance. As mentioned, the default username/password is admin/adm!nd42.
You may apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled.
Lastly, point your browser to the address you configured [it can be seen at the top of the console, above the menu], and you’re ready to go!