Installation - vmware player
Setup appliance in vmware player or workstation using these simple steps.
- Download the virtual appliance zip file.
- Use 7 zip to unzip the downloaded file.
- Open or Import the virtual appliance into vmware player.
- Once the import is finished, power on the new virtual appliance.
- Login to console as device42/adm!nd42, or on 32-bit appliances, it is ubuntu/adm!nd42. (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You can change the password with option 10.
- On the console, configure the IP and choose your settings.
- Optional: Create DNS entry for the new IP address for the new virtual appliance.
- Point your browser to https://FQDN(Fully Qualified Domain Name) or IP address and you are ready to go.
- The default username is admin and password is adm!nd42, please change that as soon as you login.
Here are the steps in images:
Browse to the extracted folder and select the .vmx file.
Power on the machine.
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
(NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance)
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Next, configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance…
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Last, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu and you’re ready to go…