Installation - Virtual Box
Instructions for installing the Device42 virtual appliance on Oracle VM Virtual Box ( Please use for trial / demo purposes only).
When installing to VirtualBox download the OVF format of Device42.
1. Unzip the Downloaded File & Import Appliance
- Click on the “File” drop down and select “Import Appliance”
- Browse to the directory containing the .ovf file and click next.
- Change the Name of the VM to whatever is desired.
- Modify the CPU and RAM to desired resources.
- Select “Import” once settings have been finalized. The VM will be ready after a few moments.
Note you must allocate at least 4 GB of RAM and 2 vCPU!
Don’t power on yet!
Configure the Network Card
Enable Adapter 1.
Choose a Bridged Adapter (or NAT if you want) for network access.
Choose the Physical NIC you will be using.
- Power on Virtual appliance. (Ignore audio driver warning if you get any)
- Login with default username and password : device42/adm!nd42 (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You can change the password with option 10.
- Choose option 1 to configure networking. Provide a static IP to this and all related Device42 appliances [STATIC IP strongly reccomended for all Device42 VMs to avoid connectivity issues].
- Go to https://IP or to DNS if you configure that.
- Default credentials: admin/adm!nd42
Above steps in images:
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
(NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance)
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Configure an IP
Use this option to configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance.
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Last, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu and you’re ready to go…