Installation - vCenter Server
The following is a set of simple steps in list format followed by steps in pictures to import the device42 appliance into a vCenter Server so you can start mapping our your IT Infrastructure!
Once you download the virtual appliance zip file, take following steps:
- Use 7zip to unzip the downloaded file
- Go to the vCenter server, File>Deploy the OVF template, browse to the unzipped files location, choose the .ovf file.
- Answer the questions regarding file location, datastore choice, and network card.
- Once the import is finished, power on new virtual appliance.
- Console login is device42/adm!nd42(on 32-bit appliances, it is ubuntu/adm!nd42) (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You can change the ubuntu password with option 10.
- On the console, configure the IP and choose your settings.
- Optional: Create a DNS entry for the new IP address for the new virtual appliance.
- Point your browser to the https://FQDN(Fully Qualified Domain Name) or IP address and you are ready to go.
- The default username is admin and password is adm!nd42 but please change that as soon as you login.
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
(NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance) (NOTE 2: If you are using an older version of Device42 the login and password may be ubuntu/adm!nd42)
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Configure an IP address
Next, configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance…
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option# 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Last, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu and you’re ready to go…