Installation - Microsoft Hyper V
After you download the Device42 virtual appliance file, take following steps to set it up:
- Use 7zip to unzip the downloaded file.
- Create a Virtual machine with a minimum of 2 vCPU, 4 GB RAM, and 1 network card; configure the new VM to use the attached vhd.
- Power on the new machine and login. The default console login is device42 and default password is adm!nd42 (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You can change the password using option 10.
- On the console, configure the IP [option 1] and choose your settings.
- Optional: Create a DNS entry that points to the IP address of the new virtual appliance.
- Point your browser to https://FQDN(Fully_Qualified_Domain_Name) or IP address and you are ready to go.
- The default username for the Device42 web interface is admin and the password is adm!nd42 – please change these as soon as you login.
And now you are ready to start discovering & documenting your infrastructure!!
Here are the above steps in pictures:
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
(NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance)
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Next, configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance…
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Lastly, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu [or your newly created DNS entry] and you’re ready to go.