Installation - Microsoft Azure
If you desire to install Device42 within your Microsoft Azure environment please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an image be made available to you.
After you download the Device42 virtual appliance file, provided by support, you may take the following steps to set it up:
Uploading the Device42 VHD to Azure Storage
- Use 7zip to unzip the downloaded file.
- Navigate to portal.azure.com and select Storage Accounts.
- Select the Storage Account where the Device42 VHD is desired to be uploaded to.
- Select the “Containers” underneath “Blob Service”, and then choose or create the desired Container.
- Click on Upload to select the .vhd file downloaded and unzipped earlier.
Create the Device42 Image from Azure Portal
- From the Azure Portal - select Images
- Click on “Add” to create a new image for the D42 VM
- Provide a name for the image.
- Select a location that is the same as the storage location the VHD was uploaded to in earlier steps.
- Make sure to select the Linux OS type, and then “Browse” from “Storage Blob” to locate the storage account and container with the D42 VHD file.
- Click on Create to complete.
Create the VM from Device42 Image
- Select the recently created image and click on “Create VM”.
- When configuring the VM settings for creation please allocate at least 2 CPU and 4 GB’s of Memory as the bare minimum to run. We typically would recommend to allocate with a combination of 4 vCPU and 8 GB’s or 8 vCPU and 16 GB’s of Memory depending on scale.
- Power on the new machine and login. The default console login is device42 and default password is adm!nd42 (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You can change the password using option 10.
- On the console, configure the IP [option 1] and choose your settings. Please use a STATIC (non-dhcp) IP address for all Device42 related appliances!
- Optional: Create a DNS entry that points to the IP address of the new virtual appliance.
- Point your browser to https://FQDN(Fully_Qualified_Domain_Name) or IP address and you are ready to go.
- The default username for the Device42 web interface is admin and the password is adm!nd42 – please change these as soon as you login.
You are now ready to start discovering & documenting your infrastructure!
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Next, configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance. A static IP or a DHCP address reservation should be created for the Device42 appliance along with DNS entries for any appliance that will be used in a production setting.
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Lastly, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu [or your newly created DNS entry] and you’re ready to go.