Set Up an API Key in Opsgenie
- Click Settings in the Opsgenie top navigation bar.
- Click Integrations list in the Integrations section on the left panel.
- Hover over the API tile and click Add.
Set Up The API
- Enter a Name for the API.
- Make note of and copy the API Key. You will need to enter this API key into Device42.
- Scroll down the page and ensure that the Create and Update Access option is enabled.
- Click Save Integration.
Set Up Opsgenie External Integration in Device42
- From the Device42 menu bar, select Tools > Integrations > External Integrations.
- Select Add External Integration on the top right of the page.
- Set the URL as user’s Opsgenie URL.
- Select Opsgenie from the Type drop-down menu.
- Click the Token magnifying glass to open the Select Password page.
- Click Add Password and use the Opsgenie API Key to create a new Token.
- Click Save.
- The Opsgenie integration is now configured in Device42.
Set Up an Alert to Use Opsgenie
You need to configure a Device42 alert to use the Opsgenie external integration to route the alert message to Opsgenie. The following steps will configure a prohibited software alert, but any type of alert can be used with the Opsgenie external integration and would have similar steps.
- From the Device42 menu bar, select Reports > Setup Alerts.
- Click Add Alert.
- Select Rule Type: Software.
- Select Trigger: Prohibited Software Installed.
- Select Alert Type: Alert.
- Select the Opsgenie URL from the Alert Integration drop-down list.
- Click Save.
Configure Software as Prohibited
- From the Device42 menu bar, select Apps > Software > Software Components.
- Select the software component you want to set as prohibited (this example uses 7 Zip).
- Select the Edit button on the top right.
- Select Software Type: Prohibited.
- Click Save button at the bottom right.
This marks the software as prohibited and will trigger the alert created in the section above.
If the 7 Zip software is detected during discovery, an alert is generated in Opsgenie similar to the alert shown below.