- Prerequisites and Installation:
- Installing the Device42 Plugin in your JIRA Cloud Instance:
- Confirming, Modifying, or Removing the Device42 JIRA Cloud Plugin
- Configuring the JIRA Cloud Add On in Device42
The Device42 – JIRA Cloud ITSM Integration:
This integration provides you with the ability to:
- Display different configuration items from Device42 on JIRA Cloud issue tickets.
- View Device42 data from JIRA Cloud.
- Create JIRA Cloud ITSM tickets and attach existing tickets from the Device42 interface.
- Filter set of Device42 configuration items to display inside the custom field for specific project / custom field set.
- Store filter templates for the fast future usage.
Prerequisites and Installation:
- You must be a JIRA Administrator to install & configure the Device42 JIRA Cloud Addon.
- In the Device42 Menu, TOOLS → Settings → Global Settings → [External Integration Settings].
Go all the way to the bottom of the Global Settings Page and ensure all three required settings under heading “External Integration Settings” are configured (D42 URL for SaaS apps, Company Name, and Email).
NOTE: All field are required. If one or more is missing, you won’t be able to add an external integration from the TOOLS –> Integration menu.
Installing the Device42 Plugin in your JIRA Cloud Instance:
- From the Atlassian Marketplace, Locate the Device42 – Jira Cloud Plugin.
– Click the yellow “Get it now” button in the upper right hand corner of the Atlassian Marketplace listing for the Device42 – JIRA Cloud CMDB Integration.
– Log in using your Atlassian credentials and follow the on-screen instructions.
– Follow on screen prompts. The installation process is automatic after this point. Installation is complete.
2. [Alternate DEV MODE Installation – Special Circumstances ONLY]. If you were provided the plugin file:
– Go to “Add-ons” –> Manage Add Ons –> “Enable Development Mode” & Apply settings.
– Next, from “Manage Add-ons” — Input the URL of the plugin: “https://connect.device42.io/static/jira.json”.
Choose “Upload”. The Device42 Cloud Add-on will be installed
Confirming, Modifying, or Removing the Device42 JIRA Cloud Plugin
- You can view, manage the plugin from the From the Administration menu, head to “Add-ons” → “Manage add-ons”
– Choose the Device42 Plugin from the Atlassian Plugin Manager.
– Follow on screen prompts. The removal process is automatic.
– Confirm you no longer see the plugin in your plugin list.
Configuring the JIRA Cloud Add On in Device42
- Add integration under TOOLS -> Integration -> External Integration
- Choose Jira Cloud (only option right now)
- Input the URL of your JIRA Cloud instance: [https://YOURURL.atlassian.net/]
Add [or select existing] Credentials for the Jira Cloud User that the integration will use to create tickets.
Device42 – JIRA Cloud ITSM Integration Interface Overview
- Once a JIRA Cloud instance has been integrated, you will see a new entry for “JIRA – ‘instance name’ ” on the device CI — Demo shows two instances listed as mentioned on a “View Building” screen.
- The top of the box shows linked JIRA issues, while
The bottom contains control links – (add jira issue / link jira issue)
Usage and Features Overview
Creating a new issue / attaching it from the Device42 perspective:
- Choose “Add Jira Issue” – You’ll see a “Select Project” Popup; autocomplete field- type project name & click “Select”
- You’ll now choose a JIRA ‘issue type’ – choose the type (‘task’…) and ‘reporter’ is visible, but fixed by the JIRA integration configuration.
- Add assignee, summary, description, and any attachments.
- Submit the issue; you’ll get a box confirming creation with the issue ID
The new issue will now be attached to the CI
Linking an Issue to a Device42 CI
Linking an issue is as simple as choosing “Link to Jira Issue” and providing the Issue ID, which is then linked to the CI.
Device42 CI in the JIRA Cloud Interface:
View any linked issue in JIRA cloud, and you’ll see “Device42 Objects” on the lower right. These are CI’s linked to the issue, and they themselves are links to the Device42 CI they concern.:
To unlink an issue, from the JIRA Cloud interface, click the Red X next to the CI you’d like to detach; choose “Unlink!” to confirm. The issue will no longer be linked.