You can archive devices and other resources to retire them or to take them out of service but still keep a record of the archived object. Device42 displays a list view of archived objects, and you can view and edit individual archived objects. The instructions below show how to archive a device and archive a resource.
Archive a Device
- Go to Resources > Compute > All Devices to display the device list page.
- Click the name of the device you want archive to display its view page, then click the ellipse menu and then Archive.
- Device42 displays a archive device prompt page. Click Yes, I’m sure to archive the device. Click your browser’s Back button to return to the device view page.
- Device42 adds the device to the Archived Objects list page.
Archive a Resource
- Go to Resources > Resources > All Resources to display the Resources list page.
- Click the name of the resource you want to archive to display the resource view page.
- Click Archive at the top right of the view page.
- Device42 displays an Archive Object pop-up with information about the resource. Click Show to see additional information; you can also add optional notes.
- Click Archive to archive the resource.
- Device42 adds the resource to the Archived Objects list page.
View and Edit Archived Objects
- Go to Analytics > Audit Logs > Archived Objects to display the list page.
- You can sort the objects list by Object Type or by Archive Date.
- Click on the name of an archived object to view it.
- Information about the archived object’s child elements appears on the right of the page. Hover over the links next to the child elements to display pop-ups with additional information about the element.
- Click Edit at the top right to add or edit notes about the archived object. (Note that all the other information on the page is read-only.) Click Save when done.
Delete an Archived Object
- On the Archived Objects list page, click the check box next to the object you want to delete.
- Select either Delete with Detailed Confirmation or Fast Background Delete from the Actions menu, and then click the blue hammer icon.