Installation - Virtual Box
Instructions for installing the device42 virtual appliance on an Oracle VM Virtual Box ( Please use for demo only)…
1. Unzip vmdk and Create new VM
1 Choose any name you want to give this appliance.
2. Choose Linux as OS.
3. Choose Ubuntu as version. ( 64 bit)
2. 1 GB as RAM
3. Choose existing Harddisk and browse to unzipped VMDK
Use existing harddisk and browse to folder where you extracted device42-2.x.x-player.zip. And choose the vmdk file.
Don’t power on after Finish.
5. Enable PAE
- Go To setting of the new appliance you just added.
- Go to System > Processor
- Enable PAE
- Click OK
Configure Network Card
Enable Adapter 1.
Choose Bridged Adapter (or NAT if you want) for network access.
Choose the Physical NIC you would be using.
Setup and Go
- Power on Virtual appliance. (Ignore audio driver warning if you get any)
- Login with default username and password : device42/adm!nd42 or on 32-bit appliances, it is ubuntu/adm!nd42. (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You can change the password with option 10.
- Option 1 to configure networking. Choose DHCP or give static IP.
- Go to http://IP or to DNS if you configure that.
- Default credentials: admin/adm!nd42
Above steps in images:
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
(NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance)
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Configure an IP
Use this option to configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance.
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Last, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu and you’re ready to go…