Installation - Microsoft Hyper V
After you download the virtual appliance file, take following steps:
- Use 7zip to unzip the downloaded file.
- Create a Virtual machine with 1 vcpu, 1 GB RAM and 1 network card, using the attached vhd.
- Power on the machine and on the console, configure the IP and choose your settings.
- Default login for console is device42 and default password is adm!nd42 (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You can change the password with option 10.
- Optional: Create a DNS entry for the new IP address for the new virtual appliance.
- Point your browser to http://FQDN(Fully Qualified Domain Name) or IP address and you are ready to go.
- The default username is admin and password is adm!nd42, please change that as soon as you login.
And now you are ready to start documenting!!
Here are steps in pictures:
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
(NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance)
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Next, configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance…
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Last, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu and you’re ready to go…