Installation - Citrix Xen Server
Installation Citrix Xen Server
Once you download the virtual appliance file, take following steps:
- Use 7zip to unzip the downloaded file.
- From XenCenter, Right Click on server > Import
- Choose Source
- Choose Server
- Choose Storage
- Choose the network card and Finish.
- Once powered on, go to the console, choose option 1 to configure networking. Default login for console is device42 and default password is adm!nd42 (NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance). You change the password with option 10.
- Go to http://New_IP or you can add the IP to dns and go via dns(http://FQDN(Fully Qualified Domain Name)).
- The default credential is admin/adm!nd42 and you should change the password once you login.
Here are the steps in Images:
default login : device42
default password: adm!nd42
(NOTE: Use (ubuntu/default) for power appliance) (NOTE: Older versions may have the default login “ubuntu” rather than “device42”.)
You can change the password with option 10 below.
Use this option to configure an IP address for the Device42 appliance.
The default password for user device42 can now be changed from the console menu using option# 10. The default username/password is admin/adm!nd42. Please be sure to change it after you login.
You can apply updates and do other menu-related work using ssh. Please note that root login has been disabled via ssh.
Last, point your browser to the address at the top of the console menu and you’re ready to go…