Blade systems auto-discovery
This auto-discovery method will discover HP and IBM blade systems (including Blade Center). Cisco UCS is also supported but in a separate menu entry. If you would like to see other vendors, please contact support.
Add Blade System auto-discovery job
Navigate to: “Tools” –> “Auto-Discovery” –> “SNMP” –> “Add SNMP Autodiscovery Job”
BladeSystem discovery will get the following information:
- Enclosure/Chassis - name, hardware make/model, serial #’s, MAC address(es), IP address(es), and Interface name.
- Blade - name, location within chassis, hardware make/model, and serial #’s
Adding BladeSystem job:
- IP address, or start IP. End IP Address is optional
- Port - default is 161
- SNMP version - v1, v2c, and v3 supported
- Name to use for newly discovered module, options are: “Serial #” or “Try name from SNMP, otherwise use Serial #” Use serial # to avoid duplicate names for newly discovered items.
- Options for module not found: Do Nothing, Remove Host Association, Change Service Level, Delete Module
- Debug level: Normal, Extended, or No debug.
Other options not shown:
- Toggle in service on module power state - select/deselect
- Strip domain name - select/deselect
Run Now or Schedule
|From the Blade System job list: Tools||Auto-Discovery||Blade Systems (SNMP) you can choose to Run Now, add/edit Schedule, or click on the IP Address to view/edit job.|